Hollister Coming Soon To Shanghai

Spotted last night at Raffles City in People’s Square. It’s about 25 years too late for me, but I’m sure they’ll be popular with the affluent young Shanghainese fashionistas as well as the odd thirtysomething trying desperately to cling on to youth, like one of my colleagues who shall remain nameless (Justin!).

This entry was posted in Business, Fashion, Shopboy. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Hollister Coming Soon To Shanghai

1. Kari says:

I prefer AF !!! when AF is coming to shanghai?

@Kari – Me too. Me too. I think A&F will be here soon, don’t worry. They’re also opening in HK very soon. They have beaten Shanghai Tang in a bidding war so Shanghai Tang will have to move out of the location in Central.

3. Kari says:

:-( , so that means I still need Juliet to buy some for me from U.S.A. for a while .Not too bad .. cheaper!!haha .

It looks from the picture that if you shop there you become incredible feminine and start fancying animals!

5. Rich says:

I think they need to enforce a strict door policy. No one over 19. Makes me cringe when I see guys our age wearing hoodies emblazoned with the brand.

@Kari – I better put my order in to Juliet too. I’m a size “s”. Thanks!

@Wiseman – So it’s perfect for those sissy Shanghainese guys and their girlie handbags that you see everywhere here. Not like those Beijing hard nuts with skinhead haircuts.

@Rich – LOL, tell it to my mate Justin who is proud of his Hollister top. Maybe they should make it so you can only get in if accompanied by a minor. This hoodie is for my nephew, honest! And I’m glad you said OUR age and not YOUR age!

7. Rich says:

Well, I was trying to emphasize the older guys, so for your fellow readers who don’t know me (in all my spring chicken-like youthfulness) I used our. Scary thought, we’ll soon be in the same decade of our lives. And on that thought I think I’ll head on down to my local Hollister store and pick out a new wardrobe.

8. Linnifae says:

What about 30 year olds like me who could easily pass for 19? :(

9. ChrisB says:

Their shops smell good… Just saying.

@Rich – We have been in the same decade of our lives a few times before, it’s not like it’s a first. But yeah, wow, it’s a big one coming up.

@Linnifae – That’s perfectly okay. Just like if a 43 year old can pass for 19. Certainly better than a 19 year old who looks 43 trying to get away with it.

@ChrisB – That they do. Is it the A&F fragrance or does Hollister have it’s own version?

11. Bittermelon says:

Gay.

Just saying.

12. Brando says:

Hollister in Shanghai! Hopefully they will have some buy 1 get 1 free offers!

@Bittermelon – Yeah, a bit gay.

@Brando – You’re the only one I know who is more or less in the right age group for Hollister. So enjoy it!

14. ChrisB says:

Brando just looks 14, he’s actually 38. He eats Creme de la Mer for breakfast.

And I’ve no idea what the fragrance is, but they do pump it through the air con and out into the mall at the store here in Kings Landing to entice one in.

15. Swiss James says:

Don’t talk to me about that place- I’ve had to go in to buy my niece a present a couple of times, and it’s so bloody dark you can’t see your hand in front of your face.

The staff are all ridiculously good looking and say “Alright mate?” instead of “Good afternoon sir”. Then when you get to the till, they say things like “Do you want to sign up to our back to school catalogue?”

It does smell nice though, you’re not wrong there Chris.

16. Marina says:

When does it open

It’s already open!

18. Bob H says:

Does anybody know what floor it is on and which corner? Because I went there once and looked for almost 2 hours and I couldn’t find a single trace of the store. I also asked some clerks in other stores if there was a Hollister store in the building but they said that there wasnt. Any kind of helpful response would be appreciated!

@Bob H – Raffles City isn’t that big, not really sure how you could spend 2 hours looking for it. I think it’s on the 3rd floor but in any case it’s right at the top of the escalator on the Fuzhou Road side rather than the Han Kou Road side, so the SOUTH end.