Pyscho Cats

Cats are fascinated by running water. I’ve often gone for a shower by myself and then when I’m done, I pull back the shower curtain to find both Tommy and Hui Hui right there staring at me like Norman Bates!

If one day I’m discovered dead in the shower, you all know who the two major suspects are!

This entry was posted in Caturday. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Pyscho Cats

1. Bittermelon says:

Sorry to have to tell you that Arsenal got killed. The game wasn’t even as close as the score might indicate.

@Bittermelon – Thanks for the sports update. Our worst ever result in Europe. Oh well, at least we got further than Man United and Man City.

Wow – does this mean Caturday is now taking over Friday as well? (even my anti-spam word was ‘Caturday’!)

4. Heinrich says:

What’s the story with the plunger, WoAi?

@CP – They still ask you for an anti-spam word? Surely they must know you by now!

@Heinrich – Someone recently asked if I had any advice about starting a blog. I said if you ever put up any kind of photo, you can be sure that your readers are going to examine every inch of it with a fine tooth comb! You’re officially banned until you send me photos of your new cat!

Oh the plunger is for when Dingle comes round. He always blocks up the toilet.

6. Bittermelon says:

I thought the plunger is for keeping your head under water.

erm..aren’t they supposed to be scared of water or something? Maybe they are horrified of the fact you are putting yourself into the water…?

@Wiseman – Not sure about that. Both my cats are fascinated by water and they love drinking water that is flowing (like directly from the faucet rather than from a cup or bowl). They don’t like getting their fur wet but any time there’s running water they come running.

9. chip says:

So I’m sat up in bed in the UK thinking about the time I spent in China and Googled ‘I love China’ on my trusty smart phone and chance upon your blog. And would you believe it, the blogger is a fellow BBC! My parents think I’m crazy for wanting to give up my cushy engineering job and move to China, but this past year I’ve been itching to go back. Love China! I just can’t see myself living anywhere else.

@Chip – Thanks for stopping by. I think it depends on what stage of life you’re at as well as your industry, but I can only say that for me, coming to China was the best decision I’ve made and I’ve never looked back. Everyone in Britain seems to be “getting by” whereas here, I’m having an amazing standard of living and still managing to put away a decent amount of savings.

My parents don’t think I’m crazy but they revealed to me only last Christmas that they never expected me to last 6 months! It’s already been almost 13 years in mainland China.

11. Linnifae says:

My cats are very distressed by my method of hygiene. They sit outside the shower and howl. If I keep the bathroom door shut the paw on it incessantly. I think they’re just very concerned about your willingness to subject yourself to water.

@Linnifae – Yes, for them it’s a form of torture. They must think I’d a masochist. But they do paw at the faucet when it’s dripping slowly and they love drinking from it, so I’m confused. If you don’t want to distress your cats, perhaps you could try licking yourself all over instead!